Pitney Bowes Helps Businesses with Their Digital Engagement Initiatives through New Communicate Solutions Updates
STAMFORD, Conn., May 09, 2017 – Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI), a global technology company that provides innovative products and solutions to power commerce, today announced the launch of five new Communicate capabilities to help organizations reach and engage consumers at every step of their interaction with a brand. The latest iteration of the Communicate solutions takes advantage of emerging modern technologies to empower companies to ramp-up customer experience in dramatically new and differentiating ways.
According to a recent Walker report, by the year 2020 customer experience will overtake price and product as key brand differentiators. For years, organizations have been challenged to deliver consistent experiences across physical, digital and mobile channels, and with emerging trends like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Conversational UIs, an additional layer of complexity is challenging brands’ customer experience strategies.
“Most companies today understand the importance of competing around customer experience, which means implementing strategies and solutions to communicate with people wherever they engage with brands,” said Richard Snow, VP & Research Director of Customer & Contact Center Research at Ventana Research. “To accomplish this, organizations will increasingly turn to technology for delivering personalized, data-driven experiences across every physical and digital channel.”
“In the Digital Age, consumers interact with brands in a variety of ways, and they’ve shown a willingness to shift loyalties away from organizations that do not provide great, consistent experiences at every one of those touchpoints,” said Chris Hall, Vice President of Customer Engagement Solutions, Pitney Bowes. “The new updates and features within our Communicate portfolio will help clients keep pace and adapt to evolving customer preferences as new engagement channels and technologies emerge.”
First launched in 2016, Pitney Bowes’ Communicate solutions are designed specifically to help marketers, customer service and customer experience executives deliver tangible improvements in customer engagement with technology that dynamically guides personalized interactions across all channels. The new capabilities, which include innovations for digital engagement as well as physical communications, have been developed in direct response to customer feedback, evolving client needs and the changing digital landscape. They include:
- EngageOne Video (EOV) v2.3 is an award-winning solution that combines video with user data to deliver interactive, personalized video to help brands enhance customer engagement, scale expert interaction without the overhead and reduce call center costs. Through a new partnership with Rapt Media, clients across Telecommunications, Insurance, Utilities and Financial Services industries can now access four video templates to expedite the return on investment in just 21 days. The analytics and feedback generated through deployment allows companies to learn and adjust before investing in a fully customizable solution with the EOV platform. EOV has most recently received global recognition for customer excellence and service through accolades from the European Contact Centre Service Awards (ECCCSAs), POST’s Digital Insurance Awards, FS Tech Awards, and the Xplor France Awards.
- EngageOne Digital Designer v2.0 provides a simple yet powerful browser-based interface that lets anyone create and deliver email, SMS and push notifications using interactive and dynamic content optimized for display on any device. Using interactive templates and drag-and-drop tools, business users can quickly create more engaging and responsive customer communications through better design, non-delivery handling, dashboard reporting capabilities, and template import and export capabilities.
- EngageOne Communications Suite v4.4 enables clients to design and deliver engaging and personalized real time and batch multichannel communications to their customers. In the latest release of the EngageOne Suite, users can embed interactive video content in their print and digital communications. Other notable features include updates to EngageOne Interactive, to allow users to complete their templates across an expanded roster of compatible web browsers, such as Google Chrome and Firefox, and faster processing of Batch and On Demand communications.
- EngageOne Output Manager v3.0 optimizes document workflow and frees users from the limitations of proprietary vendors and data streams with robust print management. In this update, we are including a new optional module, EngageOne Accessibility that allows users to ingest PDF communications, create the necessary accessible tags for output, and archive communications during the production workflow. This allows communications to be available to visually impaired customers and employees on their assistive devices.
- MAIL360 v4.0 collects electronic mail event data from the United States Postal Service (USPS™), automates translation of USPS event data and matches it to your business data using a standardized format. This enables companies to track and trace delivery of each mail piece, and gain visibility for both in-home delivery dates and undeliverable-as-addressed (UAA) mail.
- MAIL360 is introducing a new feature called Return Mail Workflow, which uses an automated process for reviewing and reconciling delivery addresses to reduce both the number of undeliverable addresses applied to outgoing mail, and the costs that arise from customer communications over undelivered mail.
To help bring these technologies to market, Pitney Bowes has joined forces with several technology partners, including PointSource, Rapt Media and Document Dialog to help accelerate client digital transformation initiatives.
“Digital transformation is disruptive to the point of making organizations obsolete. To remain relevant in today’s evolving landscape, companies that weren’t born digital have no other option but to embrace digital, and start leveraging it as part of their business strategy,” says Mike Chadwick, Head of Business Development, PointSource. “An organization’s success comes down to two things: personalization and context. Our partnership with Pitney Bowes provides organizations with technology solutions that can deliver context through proprietary data to engage and communicate better through personalized offers and messaging.”
Document Dialog and several clients, including TRACK Colombia, Geoffrey Insurance and Delta Lloyd Group have already begun deploying the new Communicate features:
“The new multi-component deployment within the EngageOne Communication Suite allows customers more flexibility, while at the same time reducing the maintenance effort,” said Adrie Vlutters, Senior Consultant, Document Dialog. “The scripted installation allows quick and easy adaptation to changing infrastructural landscapes. This adds to an already quite flexible communication generation environment.”
“This is the future of marketing. Compelling digital content that gathers intelligence from the customer helps us create relevant campaigns that maximize customer engagement,” said María Alejandra Mora, Head of TRACK Colombia. “With the digital transformation of our marketing services, global brands will deploy relevant campaigns that deliver measurable results and ROI quickly. We look forward to leading the way with these customer engagement technologies from Pitney Bowes.”
“Our business thrives on excellent customer service, which is why it’s critical that we are consistently using technologies that drive engagement in personalized and interactive ways,” said Paul Baxter, Head of Geoffrey Insurance Services. “Lengthy, print car and van insurance policies are complex and can be a challenge to understand. Pitney Bowes EngageOne Video has given us the power to augment print communications and deliver a digital experience that truly matters to our customers and to our business.”
“The full stack, Groovy scripted installation within the EngageOne Communication Suite, is a major improvement,” said Paul Vogelaar, Architect, Delta Lloyd Group. “The convenience of being able to edit a single properties file to configure an environment, saves substantial time. The ability to edit this properties file to change some parameters distinguishing between acceptance test and production environments, greatly improves the promotion process.